What is My #75HARD Why?



Tomorrow I begin a new adventure in the realm of skill-set and self-confidence. After seeing a friend on Instagram post a selfie with #75HARDchallenge, I was curious as to what this challenge entailed. So I did my due diligence and researched #75HARD. Upon visiting the actual #75HARD website and joining the mailing list, I was rerouted to Apple Podcasts and listened to Real AF with Andy Frisella, Episode 14. #75HARD: A Tactical Guide To Winning The War With Yourself. And relistened. And relistened again.

As a woman who has wrestled with her self esteem throughout her entire life, every word Andy spoke made sense. I am not proud enough to admit that I don't know why I constantly fail diets or lack enthusiasm to workout, or hang my head when mirrors are around. In this season of my life, my confidence is lacking. Mainly due to how I view my body, I also have difficulty cultivating my mind and my relationships. To me, I want to read more, call more, interact more, etc. but I also like to hide away and allow my brain to stop thinking by watching TV. 

I like to take the easiest roads possible lately.

That wasn't always the case though. Once upon a time I practiced strong willpower, dropping over 60 pounds in one year through clean eating and run training. I spent three plus hours at the gym daily. I spent more time with friends and family than I did alone, I checked items off my Bucket List weekly, and I pursued my career goals with ferocity. 

The woman I was during that season of my life is not necessarily who I want to go back to being either. I want to find a balance. I want to reacknowledge my worth, rediscover the art of holding my head high, and still remain humble in the process. I want to be a "background badass" -- a girl doing badass things with only my own inner voice applauding. I want to become stronger mentally, practicing iron-clad confidence on my abilities -- when I tell myself I'm going to do something, I want to know there is not an excuse out there that will sway my mission. I want to aim to make MYSELF proud for once. 

This is what #75HARD promises to develop in an individual. Discipline, self worth, fortitude, grit, self-control, self esteem, and confidence. All combined, these concepts create one BIG ideal: one's mental toughness. 

Beginning tomorrow, August , 2020, I am embarking on the #75HARD journey across the next 75 days. I am committing to myself, and to anyone reading this, that I will follow the #75HARD guidelines 100% without deviation or compromise and come to a fuller understanding of what success in this program means throughout the next two and a half months. I will track my progress daily on this blog, sharing the highs and the lows of my experience. I like the idea of setting my future self up for even more success moving forward in Life with this little online journal to look back on during the hard times of future seasons. 

It's all about the climb after all, so I guess it is time to lace up my hiking boots and get started...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

"You're a Failure." - Bitch Voice