Day 1

"I am becoming new. I am becoming the person I want to be. Each day, I work to make myself more the person I want to be."


I felt really great today. I thought waking up earlier than usual might deter my morning workout, but when my alarm went off at 5:45am, I thought, "Ashley, I got this. Get up and move!" Shushing that bitch voice telling me to keep hitting snooze was empowering in its own right.

My progress picture is extremely embarrassing to me so I'm not making it public... yet. I will be storing the pictures on my phone for my own personal accountability. I want to see changes in 75 days! I also took a series of pictures after my evening workout tonight from all angles -- I plan to not do this again until the end of my program, but I am excited to celebrate non-scale victories over the next few months, on top of everything else all #75HARD successes promise.

I also want to state another reason I am committing to #75HARD: on August 31st I am beginning a new job. It is in management at my current agency and am beyond excited for the new opportunities ahead, but there is that nagging feeling in the back of my head that I'm not enough. Always my own worst critic, I am anxious for the coming challenges. I know I have the skills necessary to succeed (and so do my superiors -- thus the promotion), but I want to dig deeper to find my own self-worth moving forward with my new role. 

And maybe my new skill sets can be used to mentor others in the future... That is my endgame. 

Checklist

  • Follow a diet -- Nutrisystem

  • (2) 45 minute workouts
    Workout #1 at 6:00am -- outdoor jump roping with treadmill walk

    Workout #2 at 5:00pm -- indoor workout with Beachbody's #mbf (Week 1, Day 1 -- 38 minutes) followed by a toe-to-bar challenge for some core work

  • No alcohol or cheat meals -- Check!

  • Take a progress picture -- Check!

  • Drink 1 gallon of water
    34/128 ounces -- during morning workout
    106/128 ounces -- by end of work
    140/128 ounces -- by bedtime

  • Read 10 pages of nonfiction book
    Began David Goggins' "Can't Hurt Me" biography --  19 pages read

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is My #75HARD Why?

Day 2